Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bungees and Brazilians

Maggie was the first adventurer.
Then followed brave Owen.

After 10 attempts, I finally got the flip!
After lots of shopping.

The rump steak was my favorite of the evening.


All the meat you want -- dad was in heaven.

"No more, no more"

Despite the tropical storm, we had a great day. We shopped at the outlet malls and one of the indoor malls. Since Meg was the only avid shopper, the rest of us found some exciting entertainment -- the bungee trampoline. Maggie and Owen were the first brave pioneers, and I must add, they were very brave. No fear at all! They did great, and Maggie even backflipped a few times. Owen tried but was too little. Afterward, Joe and I decided it looked fun so we gave it a try. Joe is quite a pro doing doubles. I wasn't going to be shown up by him so I got a few front flips out of this old body. We had a great time. If only mom and Meg would have given it a try! After shopping, we headed to Rioz -- the Brazilian steakhouse. This was dad's night to pick, but I think Joe was equally as happy with the choice. I must say it was delicious. I think they brought at least 13 different meats to our table, and that is not including sides! We were stuffed by the end and ready to be vegetarians for the next day or two. DJ, I even tried lamb and pork! We came home tonight, went to bed, and got up to watch the tropical storm outside. I guess everyone else at the condos had the same idea because half the people were on their balconies watching. Mom, Joe, and I decided to go down to the beach -- in the middle of the storm. Dad and Meg opted to stay in the warm, dry room. The three of us had a blast being blown by the wind and splashing in the ocean. Meg said it looked like we were drunk. We had quite an audience watching from the balconies, and I'm sure they thought we were nuts, but as mom often says, "You only live once." We are hoping tomorrow clears up, and we can have one more good day in the ocean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Amanda this looks like such a fun vacation swimming in the ocean, jumping on trampolines, and (my favorite) running on the beach!! I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying yourself!

Thanks for the comment a few days ago, I really appreciated it! I would LOVE to do your headshots...I can't promise they'll be really good or really professional but I can guarantee that it would be LOTS of fun :-)

6:43 AM  
Blogger javabold said...

ROCK ON storm watchers - wish I could have been blowing in the wind and the waves with you!!!!!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home