Taormina, Sicily




Tres and I got to do a really great excursion the other day. We went to an active volcano; although, we couldn't go to the top because of the activity, we went really close. One of the pics is far away, and you can see the steam coming out of the volcano. The name is Mt. Etna. We went with a tour group and were the only ones young and healthy enough to climb to the top of some of the craters. Tres climbed in the middle of two of them. If you look really closely you can see him on the middle ledge. I was a nervous wreck, but we had fun despite the fact that I wore 4 inch heels. The job is really tiring for us because you never get a break but everything we are seeing makes it worth it. This was a great day for us, and we have also seen Stromboli volcano that is active from the night. It was amazing to see the red lava. All the hills on Mt. Etna we climbed were lava too. We think it's pretty cool.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home