Blizzard of '08
Mom and I have decided we should not plan any March trips from now on. We met in Cincinnati this weekend for a shopping trip and "girl's weekend." Friday started out great despite some snow. We started our day at the Aveda Frederick's Institute where we both had a haircut, and I had my "streaky" hair fixed back to a basic brown. We then went to a nice shopping center closely located to Aveda where did some shopping. A nice lunch at Whole Foods ended that shopping session. The snow was coming down heavily at this point so we headed for the closest mall. What better place to be stuck during a snow storm? Unfortunately, Kenwood Mall closed early that evening -- 6 p.m. so mom and I were stuck at our hotel in downtown Cincy the rest of the night. Much to our surprise, the Blizzard of '08 hit Cincy, and we were right in the middle of it. Pizza was the dinner option Friday night due to the fact that everything else was closed. We braved the blizzard on Saturday, despite Level 3 warnings, and headed back to the mall. We decided to do a nice lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and then on to shopping. Our plans quickly changed when the mall authorities decided to close the mall for the day. We ended up getting my car, covered in inches of snow, and heading to another hotel for the night. We woke up today and decided to head back to the mall one more time before we headed back. Fortunately, it was open so we got to do a tiny bit of shopping, plus I got a Smoothie King! (Meg tell Maggie I got a big Angel Food) The funny thing about all this is when mom came to visit me in NYC last year during March, there was a huge snowstorm there -- it was so bad that they shut down JFK airport. Next year our trip will be in April! We had a great time despite the weather. Mom, I absolutely love being with you! Next time, let's plan a trip in Atlanta. 
My "fixed" hair!!!!

7 Comments:
You're hair looks GREAT!! So beautiful!
Oh that was from me by the way... lol I guess I should sign it if I'm going under anonymous! Seriously your hair looks GREAT!!
T
You are so cute Amanda, love your hair! Glad your mom had a safe trip to and fro.
Now answer the question everyone wants to know.... what did you all get at the Cheesecake Factory?
:) Kirsten
Your hair looks great! And I am beyond sick of Ohio snow!! =) Can't wait till spring!!!
Rachel L.
lord have mercy ... i hate snow! you guys are too funny trying to go out in all that. you could've gotten arrested!!! wouldn't that have been a trip? haha ... i saw the biggest plow i have ever seen in my life, go down gary's street that day. it was so weird. i need to post sometime soon and show you the pic i took of it. and, i do love the hair too. it's long!
your hair looks fabulous sis! wish i could have spent the weekend with u guys too.
Val's comment reminds of this infamous trip to Myrtle Beach where Deb and PK were threatened by the authorities and then got lost for many hours from the rest of the family. Ohhh, the days of limited minutes on cell phones.
The question I want to know is what other crazy person was out there to take your picture????
Post a Comment
<< Home