Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Seydhisfjordhur, Iceland






This was an amazing day. Tres and I borrowed some bikes from some friends on the ship and went biking through Iceland. It was beautiful. It stinks because we don't have enough room for all the great pics. We biked quite a ways away from the ship. On the way, Tres encountered a stare-down with the black sheep! I actually think it was a ram because it had blue tipped horns. I was scared to death and Tres was totally into the pics. The ram got in the middle of the road and just stared at Tres. Tres just went past him while i prayed and told Tres to pretend not to see him. It was quite comical. I have done with my fear over dogs, but rams are a different story. Then we hiked to an amazing waterfall. Tres also did some crazy rockclimbing. Take notice of the small figure at the top of the tall rock formation. That is Tres!!! No, I was not brave enough to try it. Tres is also featured getting some water from the waterfall. Let me tell you, this was my kind of place. 100% natural water. It was clearer than bottled water and delicious. We drank as much as we could that day. I was in heaven. We also had to wade through a creek at the top of the waterfall. It was cold, but hey, how many people can say they have gone through a creek in Iceland? We had a great day and just enjoyed being together and hiking. It was our last day in Iceland and although, I'm glad we have seen it. I will be glad to get to hot weather. We only have 5 more days until we leave the ship and head off on our big trip. For those of you who don't know,, Tres and I are taking the next month for ourselves to backpack through Greece for a month. We are really excited and need the break together. I will try and post more pics before we leave.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, enjoy your month in Greece. It is one place Eric and I would love to visit.
Be careful....Carrie

11:03 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

No ice in iceland?????

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home